Last updated: 18th July 2020
Information We Collect
We only collect information that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities.
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. We may collect this information when you provide it at one of our stores, on our site, our social media platforms, our social networking or mobile applications, or at one of our events. When you visit this site, our social media platforms, or social networking or mobile applications, we may also collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Information You Provide
You may choose to provide personal information to us in several ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on our site, at our counters or in our stores. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other phone number)
- Age and date of birth
- Username and password
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address)
- Your skincare concerns
- Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Content you provide (such as photographs, articles and comments)
- Information provided to us by social networks or mobile applications when you visit our social media platforms or use one of our social networking or mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described in the social networking application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications)
We do not collect health information about you without your consent.
For some services, you may not be required to identify yourself. However, if you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to contact you and may not be able to customise our services to suit you.
How We Use The Information
The information you provide to us during a purchase is collected for the primary purpose of completing the purchase transaction. In other circumstances, the primary reason we collect information is to help ensure that the information provided to you about our products and services is relevant. We may use the information you provide to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide services to you
- Contact you for follow up or confirmation of your orders, appointments, returns, refunds and other non-marketing communications related to products and services we provide to you
- Process your payment and/or gift card transactions
- Respond to your inquiries
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social networking or mobile applications
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analysing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this site, or open an email from us, or click on our online advertisements, or use one of our social networking or mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
- When and how you use our websites and apps.
- Which products you have purchased online, including when and how you made the purchase.
- Your interests, choices and preferences to the extent that you tell us or we can infer them from the other information that we collect.
Technologies We Use
Cookies, Web Server Logs and Web Beacons.
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. The information collected is necessary to enable us to deliver relevant and fully functioning electronic communications to you at a relevant time.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called "web beacons." These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies. To edit your cookie settings, click here: Cookie SettingsThird Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this site, our social media platforms, or our social networking or mobile applications, such as those of Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. You may deactivate the ability of Adobe Analytics to analyse your browsing activities on this site. To disable the Google Analytics cookie, some browsers indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis.
We may also use third-party platforms, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google, Facebook and Pinterest, to show interest-based ads. We may convert your email address, telephone number or other information into a unique value which can be matched by those third parties with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected from you. This matching allows interest-based ads to be delivered on those platforms. To opt-out of these ads, you must change your advertising preferences on those third-party platforms. These platforms may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
How We Use the Information Collected by Automated Means
We may use the information collected through automated means on this site to deliver personalised content, for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you’ve visited us before or are new to the site, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We maintain effective control of the handling of personal information shared with service providers. We do not authorise these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfil orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
- Other third parties with your consent (e.g., some of our Facebook applications may share information collected through those applications with your Facebook friends or other Facebook users).
Your Rights and Choices
If you provide personal information to us with respect to employment, such as your resume, we will treat such personal information as confidential and use it only to consider you for current and future employment opportunities and to contact you with respect to employments with us or our affiliated companies. We will retain your personal information for further recruitment opportunities that may arise, unless you tell us that you no longer wish for us to retain your resume or information.
We may use your email to send you marketing communications from time to time. You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us using our Contact Us form.
Postal Mail Opt-Out
We may use your address to send you marketing communications from time to time. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You also can request that we refrain from sending you promotional postal mail by contacting us using our Contact Us form.
You can ask us to stop sending text messages to a particular phone by using that phone to reply to any text message from us with the word [STOP]. You also can request that we refrain from sending you text messages by contacting us as indicated below.
Text Message Opt-Out
We may use your mobile phone number to send you marketing communications from time to time. You can ask us to stop sending text messages to a particular phone by using that phone to reply to any text message from us with the word [STOP]. You also can request that we refrain from sending you text messages by contacting us using our Contact Us form.
Social Networking Application Opt-Out
To remove or delete our apps from your social networking account, follow the instructions from the social network:
Facebook - provided by the Facebook Help Centre.
When you use one of our mobile applications, you may be asked for your geo-location. You may choose not to share your geo-location details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. To decline from sharing your geo-location details, follow the instructions on your mobile device on changing the relevant settings; otherwise, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward within a reasonable amount of time. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, including the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information corrected or deleted, as appropriate. You may request to review, correct and/or delete your personal information by contacting us using our Contact Us form.
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
How We Hold and Protect Personal Information
We store your personal information using paper and electronic records, if you provide it to us on paper and/or electronically. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We also de-identify or destroy information that we no longer need.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
How To Contact Us